In this episode of Quietly Successful, I had the chance to speak with Transformative Life Coach, Author, and Speaker Sam Lee. Sam is the founder of Connect with Confidence, with a mission to help people who’ve experienced depression and anxiety as a result of online and offline bullying. Sam helps them connect with compatible, like-minded people, to find happiness.
I first connected with Sam at the Author Showcase with Jane Turner, where we shared the stage to tell our stories and collective wisdom. It’s been a pleasure to watch Sam embark on his journey, as he steps up to help others develop their confidence in social settings. It’s inspiring to meet fellow introverts and authors, connecting with kindred spirits on a similar mission.
In the podcast, Sam shares the following tips for anyone who is looking to develop their confidence in social settings:
- Step out of your comfort zone by attending more networking events. It’s important to meet new people, finding those who align with you. It’s also an opportunity for you to learn from your mistakes.
- Bring a friend to improve your interaction skills. Not only will they keep you accountable, but they can help identify some of your blind spots and offer you constructive feedback on how you can improve your interactions.
- There are two areas to master: first impression skills and conversational skills.
- First impression skills include your initial greeting, your handshake, your presentation, tone of voice along with icebreaker conversations.
- Conversation skills include how to start great conversations to build rapport. Appropriate body language along with using appropriate humour can help keep conversations light-hearted.
Get in touch with Sam Lee at: